- 4 medium zucchinis, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 10oz bag of frozen yellow corn (or canned, whichever you prefer)
- ½ 15oz can of low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup of your favorite salsa
- ¼ cup reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise.
- Place zucchini on a microwave safe plate and cover with damp paper towel and microwave for 1-2 minutes until zucchini halves are softened (this makes hollowing out the center a breeze).
- Once cool enough to handle, take a small spoon and scoop out the center of the zucchini halves, leaving ¼ inch thick shell on each half.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, place ¼ cup of salsa on the bottom before adding the zucchini halves to the dish.
- Place ground turkey in a skillet and cook until browned.
- Next, follow instructions on taco seasoning packet and incorporate with the meat.
- Once the meat is prepared, add the black beans, diced tomatoes, and corn to the skillet and cook until heated through.
- Using a spoon, fill each zucchini half with the meat mixture, dividing the taco meat equally.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top, cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes until cheese is melted and the zucchini is tender.
These zucchini boats make an amazing meal prep and heat well in the microwave without losing their form or flavor.
- Serving:1 of 4
- Calories: 369
- Protein: 31.8g
- Fat: 10.5g
- Sodium: 713mg
- Sugar: 9.3g