- Two 15.5 oz cans of great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- ½ cup sweet onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 oz can green chilies
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup plain low-fat cream cheese, diced
- 1 ½ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup salsa verde
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- Combine all ingredients in your Instant Pot, making sure to place the chicken breast on top of the beans and corn.
- Close the lid, making sure the pressure valve is set to the “seal” position. Set on manual pressure and cook for 15 minutes. Allow your instant pot to naturally release for 10 minutes before manually releasing the pressure valve.
- Remove chicken breast and shred. Once shredded, add the chicken back into your Instant Pot and stir.
- Top with additional toppings and enjoy!
- Topping choices include tortilla strips, shredded cheese, lime juice, avocado, sour cream, or plain greek yogurt.
- Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Soup freezes well in freezer friendly soup containers and can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Running short on time and need to make this quick meal even faster? Keep the shredded rotisserie chicken from Costco in your fridge or freezer (depending on expiration date) and add that to your instant pot instead of fresh chicken breast. Cooking time will only take 10 minutes instead of 15 minutes and you won’t need to hassle with shredding the chicken (let’s face it, that’s the worst part).
- Serving:1 of 5
- Calories: 316
- Protein: 31.1g
- Fat: 6.1g
- Sodium: 803mg
- Sugar: 9.7g