- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (substitute gluten free as needed)
- 6 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 4 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and diced into ½ inch pieces
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup half and half
- 1 tube of grands biscuits
- Heat a dutch oven or large soup pot over medium high heat and melt butter. Add chopped carrots, celery and onion and sauté for approximately 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add minced garlic and sauté for another 2-3 minutes. Add 1/3 cup of flour, stirring constantly for one minute until golden and fully incorporated.
- Add 6 cups of chicken stock, potatoes, salt, and pepper to pot. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer, partially cover and cook for approximately 13 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Add shredded chicken, frozen peas and corn, and the half and half. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Serve in bowls with biscuits on the side.
- If you prefer a thicken consistency you can substitute heavy whipping cream for the half and half. You can also make a cornstarch slurry (1:1 ratio) until you reach desired thickness.
- Serving:1 of 10
- Calories: 259
- Carbs: 18g
- Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 977mg
- Sugar: 4g